10/16/2010

346: WHEN REALITY STRIKES...


As a kid I did have all kinds of dreams and expectations of my future life. As a matter of fact I still have a lot of dreams. Although you already guessed that if you're following my Dream Vision Life Project.

So what was a point where reality did actually strike me?

Well, one of the things I always imagined to be awesome was working in different cities or even better countries. Traveling, staying in nice hotels even using different kind of money i thought to be cool.

Years later I am starting to get jobs in different cities or countries. I do love working with different people, and having to speak a different language is a blast. So nothing wrong yet, but what I never thought about: You have to get there.

When you're on vacation it is somehow kind of different to be sitting in a plane, never the less it sucks. Planes suck, trains suck and walking with a couple of bags suck. Ok the last thing could be eliminated by taking a cab, but in my hometown I try to save as much money as possible, since I am probably needing to take a cab in the other city. Other than that you need to worry about a new travel bag. Sounds trivial, but I only have a backpack (daypack) or something like a big traveling bag - nothing in between for just three to five days. Therefore you need to lug around a huge bag with almost nothing in it.

Besides traveling: Staying in a hotel is cool, but as soon as boredom strikes and all your friends are in a different country, it certainly does loose it's appeal. Also I get the feeling, that the older I get the harder it is to get used to a new bed. The first night I always sleep like non at all.

Bottom line: I do like working with different people, in a different city or country, but it isn't as fancy as I imagined it.

So anyone in the same boat as me? Hate planes? Dislike business traveling? Or when did you realize the reality didn't meet expectations?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Related Posts with Thumbnails