12/20/2010

375: I THINK MY MACBOOK PRO IS ABOUT TO DIE


Well I guess my Macbook Pro is getting old. A week ago it started crashing at random moments. But not like the spinning ball of death or something, it just plain stops: Mouse stops, harddrive stops, fan might stop, but the screen is still visible - Just freeze.

I just realized that it still works when I take out the battery and work with the cable attached. Or rather it just crashes once or twice a day. Other than that I calibrated the display (I installed everything new of course in order to exclude a software error) and I found out how far of the colors are suddenly. The calibration didn't help at all.

I will try to use it as long as I can still switch it on, I work mostly on my Mac Pro anyway. But for a portable replacement I am actually thinking of a 13" Macbook Pro. I just like the weight of it, but editing could be a pain in the ass on it. I know that the 13" Macbook Pro isn't intented for the kind of work I usually do, but maybe someone has some insights and experiences in that field that he would like to share...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Related Posts with Thumbnails